ELKI 0.7.1 release notes
ELKI 0.7.1 is available on Maven:
Please clone https://github.com/elki-project/example-elki-project for a minimal project example.
- GriDBSCAN: DBSCAN using grid partitioning (Minkowski distances only)
- Compare-Means and Sort-Means k-means variations (much faster than traditional k-means)
- Visualization of dendrograms.
Important bug fixes:
- Classes with no package (“default package”) would cause errors.
- The fast power function implementation was sometimes returning incorrect results.
- Random sampling was sometimes not sampling from the full data set.
- The file input source will now automatically choose the Arff parser for .arff files.
- MiniGUI now allows choosing other applications.
- MiniGUI now displays the command line in a separate field.
- MiniGUI displays an error message, if an incorrect classpath or JAyatana (on Ubuntu) is detected.
- Export to png now works, we added a work-around for an open Batik bug.
To enable PDF and PostScript export, you need to add Apache FOP with all dependencies.
(Nevertheless, we recommend using SVG and Inkscape).
- Many smaller bug fixes.
- C-Index for cluster evaluation now can process larger data sets.
- OPTICS output of undefined reachability fixed.
- External distance matrixes are easier to use and perform additional checks.
- Precomputed distance matrixes can answer range and kNN queries.
- Voronoi visualization can be switched in the menu now.
- Improved backwards command line compatibility with additional aliases.
- Added generated
@sinceannotations in JavaDoc.
- Many new unit tests, renamed to the Java conventions.
- Low-level reading of service files, to have faster startup.
See also release notes 0.7 for additional release notes of ELKI 0.7.0